Vette Mags

I would like to know witch magazine you think would be the most informative??? I do not want to subscibe to a bunch of mags that will end up just laying around, I just want to subscrfibe to 1 mag...

Corvette Magazine

Corvette Fever
Vette
Thanks in advance...

Oh by the way for all of you that have a C5 with stripped out gears in your head light motors here is a guy that makes the gears out of brass on a CNC machine (These won't strip) look under electrical then C5 head light brass gears...

ZÿRiX

So nobody has an opinion on these mags???

I bought the 98 Vette coupe that I was talking about in another post and would like to learn more about it...

Somebody give me some input...

Thank You

Reply to
ZÿRiX

Corvette Fever

Dad

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:04:12 -0700, "ZØRiX" puked:

Excuse me for being obvious, but why don't you go buy an issue of each one and see which one you like best?

lab~rat

Reply to
RicSeyler

All 3 have way to many advertisements and uninteresting writeups such as how some guy took his bone stock 1977 on a long trip thru the Appalachian Mountains for two weeks listening to the steady exhaust hum while averaging 20 mpg . Having a 1970 BB, i find Chevy Hi Perf. and CarCraft more informative and useful.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Reply to
Bob I

I get Vette magazine and it's not for me. Mostly about very expensive upgrades to C5's and C6's (i.e. 1000 hp LS6, drag racers, etc.) Very little informative how-to articles and restoration for anything older than a C4. They only feature over-modified C3's and the only C2/C1's I've seen have had C5 chassis! Not for the common C3 owner (me) who just wants to keep his car running, make it look nice and improve it a bit over stock condition. I'm going to try Corvette Fever next.

Reply to
daveo76

================== I subscribe to Vette, Corvette Fever, Corvette Magazine, and Corvette Enthusiast ....along with several other Car Magazines..

BUT when reading ANY of them there is NO WAY to tell which one I am reading....That is they are all the pretty much the same....

Corvette Cars & Parts (now Corvette Enthusiast) is my favorite followed my Corvette Magazine... But as I said there is so little difference between one and the other it really makes no difference..

So Flip a Coin !

Just my opinion...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:14:55 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dave in Lake Villa) puked:

What is your opinion of the new Car Craft makeover? Personally I like the old magazine better, but I saw it changing about a year ago. They used to have good articles like how to supercharge your car with a vacuum cleaner and a roll of duct tape and whatnot. Now they tend toward a lot of higher end stuff.

How many people need to know how to dump an LS1 into a muscle car? I have no use for the professional racing news, and lately all of the feature cars have undisclosed costs to build.

Their logo used to have "cheap" in it, now it has "loud". Maybe that's the philosophy...

lab~rat

I like the new makeover...... Ole Friburger takes some pretty decent close up shots for headers and some interesting photos to accent the articles... And I like his style..

Car Craft is still for the budget guy to an extent and Hot Rod still for the upper end for the most part. But I know what you are say>On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:14:55 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dave in

Reply to
RicSeyler

LOL Yea..... I'm always drawn to the old cars and old car feature articles... Especially the survivors and the ones with a history.

Reply to
RicSeyler

Yes, none of the magazines, try the GM service manual. Lots of good stuff from many writers and good pictures.

Reply to
Dad

'What is your opinion of the new Car Craft makeover? Personally I like the old magazine better, but I saw it changing about a year ago.'

Reply: I like the older version better with Motor Buildups and Tech writeups. I too dont care at all about professional nascar racing and its personalities.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa