My dealings with Ford / Peninsula Ford Palo Alto

You're right. However the 4 of us in the Civic WAY outweighed the 3 people I've had in my car plus my radios and fire gear.

Evan

Reply to
Evan Platt

Translation: "Gee, I don't know."

Reply to
Evan Platt

Reply to
Brad Coon

you have found one of the few crappy ford dealers this nation has to offer... go see another dealer and ask them to help you out...

If i sell rubber tires and I sell you a bunch of crappy rubber tires does this mean you will never buy rubber tires again?

Why not go to a different rubber tire seller?

People like you do not make sense insted of looking for another rubber tire manufacter you went to buy lemons

Reply to
Mercury

Unfortunately, this dealer owns the 3 or 4 local dealers. Short of going WAY out of my way, I'm SOL. Ford Corporate was absolutely no help. The Service manager stated that by installing the radios between the seat, I voided the ESP warranty. Ford Corporate said not true. I told Ford corporate then if that's the case, to call the dealer, and tell them to honor my warranty and fix the problem. "Sorry, we can't. You need to do that yourself." Ford could care less, this dealer doesn't want to fix this problem.

There's a difference between rubber tires and a whole car. And no, I won't buy rubber tires from YOU again. I'll buy them elsewhere.

This experience represents Ford as a whole. And I'm out the $42 "diagnostic" fee to tell me my warranty is void, and we won't help you? You took my money knowing my warranty is void. That's FRAUD.

I certainly hope you aren't calling a Honda Civic, or Hondas for that matter, a lemon.

How many Hondas have you heard of hitting 200, even 300k miles, with simply the standard routine maintenance?

How often do you hear of a Ford CAR hitting 300k miles on it without major work aside from routine maintenance being done? Yes, some of Fords trucks are die hard, and have been going since the

1950's with 200+k miles, but for the most part, any Ford car over 200k miles is the exception, not the rule.

Evan

Reply to
Evan Platt

You're reading from the wrong book. The translation is more like: "we realize that you aren't here to seek advice, or a resolution. You've already made your decision, and the only reason you're posting now is to rub it into everyone's face."

In other words... you're a troll who hasn't bought his Honda yet. :)

Reply to
Isaiah Beard

BTW, your posting history on usenet seems to concur that you're just trollin':

Gads I love Google. :)

Reply to
Isaiah Beard

No it really looks to me like you bought a used car that was not what you needed, so now to fix your error you are going to make a bigger one by getting a car that has less weight capacity than what you have now. But you are so delusional you think you are thumbing your nose at all other in self defiance........sort of like a two year old.Buy your Honda and shut up.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

The math and numbers on your other posts say other wise.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

sez.......daaaaaaaaah

Reply to
Bob K

No. I'm here to share my experience with Peninsula Ford and Ford as a whole.

Take a gander at alt.marketing.online.ebay - that's the group I frequent. I think you'll see I'm anything BUT a troll.

Do I need to post a picture of the Honda sitting in my driveway? Would the VIN number suffice?

A quick call to South Bay Honda could confirm this too.

Reply to
Evan Platt

The Taurus was fine until they moved the exhaust. After that, it went downhill. The car is / was WAY underweight. Ford simply refused to do anything short of take my money and run. Weight, again, isn't an issue. I replaced the center console (weighs about 30 pounds) with a aftermarket console with 3 radios installed. Total weight: 70-80 pounds. Net difference: 50 pounds. Fire gear: 50 pounds. Total weight:

100 pounds. I have a friend with the same Honda with MORE gear without a problem (he's FD and SAR).

Evan

Reply to
Evan Platt

Quote it.

Reply to
Evan Platt

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Reply to
Brad Coon

Honda Civic with same 4 people all gear and equipment from Ford installed, no problem.

You all have been lovely. I'll be posting elsewhere. It's obvious people only want to praise Ford here, not hear about problems.

Bye.

Reply to
Evan Platt

Evan Platt wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

you never wanted to get help, you just wanted to bitch. I have been following your story and you had already decided to buy a diff car, you were never serious about trying to get it fixed if it was going to cost you money, or bother with the time to have someone really find what was wrong. so go bother some other group. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

I have a 2001 Taurus, and I'm a volunteer with a number of different public safety agencies. So I have fire gear and a few two-way radios in the car. Now about 8 months ago, people in the back seat noticed that the shocks seemed loose - i.e. you go over a small bump and it was like bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce. So I took it to Ford - they found a TSB on that issue and moved the exhaust (manifold possibly?) I can dig up the paperwork possibly.

A few months later, I noticed a rattling noise when idling only when there'd be 3 or more people in the car. No major issue, so I ignored it. My warranty expired but I obtained the Premium care. Now fast forward - I'm laid off my current job, my new job has me commuting about an hour a day, so I figure I've got a few days off, why not take the car in. So I do. Initially, they say the problem is the placement of the exhaust, nothing we can do, sorry. I make a fuss - one that this is related to the TSB they fixed, and 2 - "We can't do anything"?? People get in my car and say "What's wrong with your car? That noise is horrible!"

So after speaking to the manager of the ford dealership, he gets his lead tech to take a look. I leave the car again all day - this time he says it's due to the car being over the GVWR or whatever it's called - he says due to my equipment in the car, and the arm of the exhaust being pulled. He says the only fix is to remove the stuff, or get air shocks. He even says that with 2 people in the back, you can SEE the car bottom out from the outside (I'll have to try this).

So, per his suggestion, I get the car weighed: GVRW front is 2577, rear is 2132.

My car with me in it: 2100 and rear 1500. Now the 2 people that are generally in the back (my mom and dad) weigh maybe 300 pounds total. The one person in the front - 180. And yes, the 2100/1500 is with me in.

Am I getting the run around? Does anyone have any suggestions? This is quite annoying. Now granted, Ford isn't trying to sell me anything because they don't make air shocks, but I believe there's a real problem here.

Thanks.

Evan To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

Reply to
Evan Platt